A just society free from violence oppression and discrimination, where the marginalized and socially excluded are empowered to access their rights and the state is accountable for the well-being and dignity of citizens. Such a society would be based on mutual respect, interdependence and social solidarity.
M I S S I O N
To strengthen civil society towards an equitable, just and inter-dependent society, and accountable and inclusive governance. Through this, both the state as well as society will be enabled to uphold health rights, gender justice, well-being and dignity of all, especially the marginalized and socially excluded communities.
M I S S I O N - P U B L I C H E A L T H
_To promote health, well-being and dignity of all citizens, especially marginalized and socially excluded communities. This will be done through rigorous, robust, innovative and participatory use of research, capacity building of people’s organizations and advocacy for ensuring community participation in health governance and realisation of health rights.
MISSION - GENDER JUSTICE
To support, strengthen and build alliances with civil society and women’s movements to engage men and boys for creating a gender just society. Restructure gender relations and establish alternative equitable practices, facilitate public actions and positions against injustice and build social accountability. This will be done through capacity building, creating critical knowledge resources and reflective spaces.
S T R A T E G I E S (P U B L I C H E A L T H)
1. Create a shared understanding and partnership with concerned stakeholders (marginalized and socially excluded groups, civil society and practitioners) on critical health rights issues.
Alliances and networking
Platforms (including e-platforms)
2. Equip citizen’s groups and practitioners (especially those working with marginalized and excluded communities) with knowledge, perspective and skills, to empower communities for increasing participation in health governance, demanding accountability and negotiating systemic change.
Capacity building of partner organizations, networks and other practitioners
Develop robust methodologies and modules
Use of ICT to reach out and build capacities
3. Generate knowledge that advances understanding of health rights issues of marginalized and socially excluded communities, strategies to address them, and contributes to affecting change.
Conduct rigorous research and disseminate the same
Use ICT for generating evidence and disseminating knowledge
Adopt evidence based advocacy practices for engaging with the system to advance people’s health rights agenda at various levels.
Dialogue with State (including Public Hearings)
S T R A T E G I E S (G E N D E R J U S T I C E)
1. Generating and disseminating knowledge on masculinities and effective methodologies for working with men and boys for gender justice and establishing the equitable social norms.
2. Create and strengthen collectives for working with men and boys for learning, sharing and collective action towards gender justice.
3. Capacity building of network members and partners to create a community of practice for working with men and boys. Developing/making available a resource pool on the issue for various stakeholders.
4. Strengthening partnerships with various groups specially women's movements and LGBTQI for policies and people centric advocacy for gender justice - from local to global