National Coalition against Two Child Norm and Coercive Population Policies
Expanding Choices and Access to Comprehensive & Quality Contraceptive Services for Health and Human Rights for all
About the Coalition
The National Coalition Against Two-Child Norm and Coercive Population Policies has been formed as an outcome of concerns around population control and related coercion and for promoting policies that empower people to exercise their reproductive rights and choices. It is aimed at strengthening of civil society partnership to voice people’s concerns collectively.
This Coalition is a non-registered and non-party group consisting of individuals and organizations who believe in human rights and particularly reproductive and civil rights of all individuals and are willing to take action to address and redress violation of these rights among vulnerable and affected individuals and groups.
Goal of the Coalition
To raise awareness among different stakeholders about the coercive nature of different population control policies like the Two-Child Norm and to advocate for the removal of such policies at the State and Central levels.
Aims, Objectives and Strategies
- To educate and share information among different stakeholders on issues related to population and development.
- To build awareness and consensus among different stakeholders about the principles of reproductive rights.
- To collect and share evidence and materials related to reproductive rights and coercive population policies.
- To advocate with different policy stakeholders at the national and state level to conduct and/or collaborate with documentation and research exercises.
- To monitor the policy environment at the national and in state levels.